Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Written on the Body


At first I found this book to be a little confusing because of the context in which it was written. It's like I really wanted to know the sex of the narrator, therefore I will be using the voices of man and woman to reflect on the novel "Written on the Body."

Woman: This book was full of details about everything scene in the book. It made me feel the urge to be passionate and love someone the way the narrator loved Louise. The author Jeanette Winterson has a beautiful way of describing the smallest detail and made me want to keep turning the page to feel like it was my own experiences. This book was very enjoyable, possibly one of my favorites because I feel like I can relate very well to the novel even though I have never had any lesbian experiences I still feel like I have had some of the experiences described.

Man: This was a good book even though love stories aren't really my thing. I feel like I can relate to the narrator not because of lesbian or gay experiences I have had but because of all of her past experiences and the way she describes them. When I look back I can remember most of all my sexual experiences with different partners.

1 comment:

  1. I really like "love stories aren't really my thing"! Such a man thing to say. Why do you think you wanted to know the sex of the narrator?

    ReplyDelete